Monday 1 June 2015

Molly's Designs

Molly has been working hard at home to develop her sewing and dress making skills. Under the watchful eye of her Nanny, Molly has been able to sew, stitch and design her own outfit. It involves some very tricky techniques!

Reciprocity
First Nan had to show me how to use the machine. There are lots of different types of stitches to use and it is quite hard at first. I watched carefully at how she fed the material through and used the pedal. Then I had a go.

Reflectiveness
I wanted to have an elastic waist band so that the skirt was comfortable. However it is tricky to sew round in a curve and the elastic keeps moving. I just need to work on keeping the lines matched up so you get a perfect join.

We were very impressed with your creation Molly - a great eye for colour and a well executed design!




No comments:

Post a Comment