Sunday 12 July 2015

Country Dance Festival

Our team of country dancers were all delighted to take part in the annual Pyrgo Priory Country Dance Festival this week. Schools from across Harold Hill gathered to celebrate country dance, enjoy the performances of other schools and take part in a mass participation dancing event. With traditional music and a range of moves to learn the event really caught the children's imagination.

"I loved taking part. I thought my costume was really pretty and it made me feel special! I loved the daisy chain hair band."
Martina

Resilience
"We had to work hard with Mrs Munday to learn the routines. We had two dances and they both had very different moves. I was one of the eldest pupils so I really had to concentrate as the younger ones were watching me to lead them."
Tahani

A huge thank you to Pyrgo Priory Academy for putting on the event. It was another example of why it is such a privilege to work on Harold Hill as the community spirit and shared enjoyment amongst the pupils, staff and families was very clear.










No comments:

Post a Comment