Monday 16 July 2018

Spelling Bee Champions

Congratulations to our KS1 & KS2 Spelling teams. Up against the super spellers from other Harold Hill schools they had to pull out all the stops to win. In the Infant competition it went down to the Spelling equivalent of a penalty shoot out... Broadford vs St Ursula's Infants.

The resilience training really came to the fore as the children held their nerve. Unflinching with their accuracy the team managed to win the trophy for the first time!

In the KS2 event, our spellers had some very tricky words: bourgeois, camouflage and obsequious. 

The practice that they had put in saw them through, and suddenly were were double champions!

I was very nervous when it started. Even though you have practised, you can feel your mind go blank. I knew I had to take some deep breaths and compose myself. 
Ranita

I was confident because I had rehearsed every night. If you do that all the time and make sure you spend longer on the words you find hardest it isn't that difficult.
Adam

Well done #TeamBroadford, we are all very proud of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment