Monday 28 September 2015

Year 6 Celebration Evening

To celebrate the end of our Year 6 pupils' time at Broadford we held our first 'Celebration Evening'. This meant that we were able to invite in staff, family and friends to share an evening looking back at the children's achievements and thinking about the next step forward in their lives.

It was wonderful to hear our pupils talking of their pride in the achievements they have had and the progress made while they have been at Broadford. This cohort of pupils have achieved some of best exam results we have had, many have coped with very difficult personal circumstances and all have participated in a wide range of activities during, before and after the school day.

We certainly have many fond memories of them. At the end of the evening we planted two 'legacy' trees so that they won't be forgotten. We hope that this will become a tradition, with outgoing pupils planting a tree in the grounds to leave behind for other cohorts to enjoy.

Perhaps best of all was to hear so many of our pupils now talking about the careers that they want to go onto as a result of the experiences they have had at Broadford!

I have loved the science lessons, especially the new Empiribox ones we have had this year. I love finding out how things work - especially plants and animals. The sense of curiosity I have had encouraged by my teachers - and the chance to work at Bancrofts for the Shine Project - has helped me realise I would like to be a marine biologist!
Spencer

In Year 6 my favourite part was the trip to the Royal Courts of Justice. I loved the chance to make an argument, the challenge to find the right evidence and the thrill of presenting my case to the jury. I would love to use the skills I have learnt to go on and become a judge.
Kulsoom

Mr Drakes always pushed us to develop our mental maths skills. I almost beat him in the Rock Stars... but not quite. It has made me think about a career as an accountant or actuary. Recently we had a talk from an actuary at Price Waterhouse Coopers. I think I would enjoy that profession.
Kailen

Well done to all our Year 6 pupils... good luck in making that dent in the universe!




No comments:

Post a Comment