Friday 29 September 2023

European Day of Languages 2023

 

This week at Broadford, the children celebrated the 'European Day of languages'.

The European day of languages is a celebration of the amazing number and variety of languages spoken across Europe. The aim is to raise awareness of the wide variety of languages in Europe as well as teaching children that learning other peoples' languages is a way of helping us to understand each other better and overcome our cultural differences.

Throughout the day, children took part in different activities that deepened their learning of different languages and had a language for each class, where they learnt how to say 'Hello' and 'Goodbye' in their language. Children were using their reciprocity skills when learning how to say 'Hello' and 'Goodbye in different languages. They also reflected on their learning as they moved around the school at different parts of the day and were exposed to a variety of European languages. 











Kezia - 'I know how to say hello in Estonia -Tere.'

Mateo-‘I can say ‘Hello’ in 15 languages.’

Aadya -  'I love that I can choose the patterns and the shapes for my own flag.'

Irfan - 'I loved doing the register in another language.'

Sahir -'I have learnt lots of words for 'Hello' today !'

George - 'This is amazing ! Did you know I can speak 3 languages already ?'



All children had a great day, learning lots of new languages.









No comments:

Post a Comment