Saturday 7 September 2013

First Week Over!

After six long weeks of holiday, the first week - albeit a short one - has flown past. When the children cam in we asked them three simple questions:

  1. What were they excited about for the first day back?
  2. What did they feel nervous about?
  3. What did they hope to get better at this year?
We had some very interesting answers to these questions!

Why are you excited?
Georgia - I couldn't wait to see my friends and play with them on the field!
Isabelle - I'm now in the big school and I am going to do lots more lessons every day
Alfie - I'm looking forward to doing more maths.
Jaseem - I've almost finished my Platinum tracker and I want to be the first to get onto the Diamond one
Ruby - I was excited to see my new classroom and teacher.
Harry - I have been looking forward to coming in the Junior door every day. It means I am one of the big kids now.
Bradley - I couldn't wait to see my classroom. I wanted to know if the builders had finished it.

What made you nervous?
Liam - I think the work could be really hard this year.
Jackie - I hadn't seen some of my friends for a while and wondered if we would still play together
Sergiu - I thought I might get lost. 
Jordan - I'm nervous about the Year 5&6 football trials. What if there are new kids who are better than me and I don't make the team?
Teddy - I read a lot of books last year and now I've got to try and beat my total

What do you hope to get better at?
Harry - I need to try and improve my writing this year
Russell - I want to get better at football and make the team
Daniella - I want to be quicker with my mental maths so I am fast when I serve in the canteen
George - I want to get better at reading this year

We had a great two days this week. The atmosphere in the school was really positive about the year ahead. We also introduced the children properly to the new staff we have joining us:
Teachers
Mrs Gradley & Mrs Wallis - Elm
Miss Chau - Willow
Miss Cook - Birch
Miss Estall - Cherry
Miss Takle - Mulberry
Mr Clark - PE

Teaching Assistants
Mrs Goff - Rowan

Last year the staff and pupils achieved fantastic results in all areas of the school. We are really looking forward to rising to the challenge to improve once again this year. After all if you want to be the best school on the hill, you have to keep moving forward!


Enjoying a picnic on the first day back

No comments:

Post a Comment