Monday 17 April 2017

We're In The Paper: Author Visit

Our pupils were delighted to have the chance to meet Denis Bond - a British writer of children's books and television. His TV programmes include The Munch Bunch and Picme, and his books include Avenue, Pop Rivals and, for younger children, The Witch Who Loved To Make Children Cry.

He met with pupils in EYFS & KS1, reading extracts from his books and talking about his writing career.

I don't get to choose the illustrations. It is a bit strange as the artist might have different ideas to me. In one of my books I wrote about toffee apples, but the Italian illustrator didn't know what they were and couldn't draw it properly.

In some of my stories they change the names of characters for TV and alter the plot. I used to find this strange, but I am used to it now and just happy that more people get to hear my stories.
Denis Bond


No comments:

Post a Comment