Thursday 16 July 2015

100% Attendance Awards

This week we held the annual cupcake party for pupils who have managed 100% attendance up to and including Tuesday 14th July. Incredibly we had 48 pupils who managed to achieve that perfect score.

Our number one job is to turn up every day on time. If you missed just 5% of your schooling each year, then between Nursery and Year 6 you would have lost a whole term of teaching!

I was determined to achieve my 100% this year. I had seen many other children do it and know I could as well!
Holly Maskell

The lessons are great fun and I always learn lots of new things, so I don't want to miss a day!
Tahani Lowe Enu

Mr Drakes keeps telling us how important it is to come to school everday. I don't want to let him down!
Yemi Adedipe

Once the pupils had their certificates presented to them by the Governors, they enjoyed a cupcake party to celebrate. Well done everyone. You have made a massive contribution to our school meeting the target of 95.5% attendance for this year!

Mrs Gordon (our Chair of Governors) explained to the pupils about the importance of punctuality and attendance when they go onto have a career and how it is a life skill they are well on the way to embedding.

I am so proud of how they have come in every day. Quite often you can feel a bit poorly and it might be easy just to stay at home. However they have shown real grit to make sure they don't miss a day!
Mrs Gordon


No comments:

Post a Comment