Monday 2 November 2020

105 Books to Read Before You Leave Broadford - Year 6



At Broadford, we aim to encourage a love of reading. By providing our pupils with quality texts and introducing them to strong characters, we can broaden their perspectives on the world around them as they are taken to far off lands from the comfort of their own chair!


With this in mind, we have created a new reading reward system that sees our children reading quality over quantity. Each year group has chosen 15 quality stories for their pupils to read across the academic year. All 15 titles are listed in their brand new trackers. As they read their way through the tracker they will be rewarded with certificates and prizes.


In each year group there will be three certificates to earn - bronze, silver and gold - each featuring a different tree. In total there are twenty-one certificates (and trees) to collect.


Year 6 trackers are below. You’ll notice that some books have a gold star next to them, this indicates that the book can be reviewed using My Book Blog. Using My Book Blog helps to develop comprehension and vocabulary skills, at the same time as allowing us, as adults, to see how well they understand the text.




In Year 6 pupils can earn three certificates, each with their own tree. Bronze certificate is awarded when your child has read 5 books, Silver for 10 and Gold for completing the tracker. As previously mentioned, extra prizes are awarded along the way. Pupils who reach their Gold certificate will also receive a book of their choice too.


Trackers will remain in school, a sheet will be sent home for you to refer to. If you could kindly make a note of any books they read from the list in their reading record, we will then make sure their trackers are updated in class.

The full list of trees to be earned are below:


1

Bubble Boy

Stewart Foster

2

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 

J.K.Rowling

3

Goodnight Mr Tom 

Michelle Magorian

4

Wonder

R.J.Palacio

5

Anisha Accidental Detective 

Serena Patel

6

The Indian in my Cupboard

Lynne Reid Banks

7

Wolf Brother

Michelle Paver

8

Beetle Boy

M.G.Leonard

9

Snowglobe

Amy Wilson

10

Pig Heart Boy

Malorie Blackman

11

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

Lemony Snicket

12

A Boy called Hope

Lara Williamson

13

Clockwork

Phillip Pullman

14

The Fastest Boy in the World

Elizabeth Laird

15

The Butterfly Lion

Michael Morpurgo



2 comments:

  1. I just got my husband back through the help of genuine love spell caster dr unity....Ever since Dr Unity helped me, my husband is very stable, faithful and closer to me than before.You can also contact this spell caster and get your relationship fix. Here his contact, WhatsApp him at: +2348055361568
    Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete