Friday 27 November 2020

Weekly Newsletter - Friday 27th November, 2020

Headteacher: Mrs L Nicholls 

Dear Parents and Carers,

It has been wonderful to see all of the pupils back in school this week. Once again a big thank you to you all for your support during the school closure. A few parents have provided us with feedback regarding our communication systems. We had already identified the need for an emergency communication system during the pandemic and we now have this in place. Should there be a need to contact the whole parental community you will receive a text message direct to your phone. In order for this facility to work effectively parents must inform us of any changes to contact details immediately. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter. 


S.M.I.L.E Christmas Appeal 

We were absolutely thrilled with the response to the S.M.I.L.E Christmas appeal. You donated over 80 Christmas shoe boxes which will go towards putting a smile on someone's face this Christmas day. Well done to our Broadford pupils and families for demonstrating pupil job number 3, being kind and polite to everyone. 


School Nurse Surgery
Cathy Forrester, our school nurse will be holding her parents surgery on Monday 30th November. If you would like to book an appointment, please contact Mrs Wallis or Ms Rayner. The next surgery will be held on Thursday 17th November. 


Christmas 

We have come to that time of year. It is going to be a very different Christmas but we want to ensure that pupils get to celebrate the festive season with their friends as much as possible within their year group bubbles. We will be having a pantomime for the children which they will enjoy and watch within their bubbles. 

Friday 4th December - Years 1 & 2 Christmas dress up day

Thursday 10th December - EYFS Christmas dress up day

Friday 11th December - Christmas jumper day
Tuesday 15th December - Years 1&2 Christmas bedtime stories

Friday 18th December - Christmas party day - Christmas jumpers and festive headwear can be brought into school to wear for the party. 


KS2 Christmas Celebration

As we are unable to invite parents into school at this time, KS2 classes will be recording their concert within bubbles. This will be put together and will be available for parents to watch during the last week of term, week beginning Monday 14th December. 


Christmas Dinner

We will be offering pupils Christmas Dinner during the festive period and there will be a  meat and vegetarian option. We want to make the experience as jolly as we can so bubbles will eat in the dining hall on this occasion. There will be two sittings and the hall will be thoroughly cleaned in between each sitting.  

Monday 14th December - Years 1 & 6 

Tuesday 15th December - EYFS & year 4 

Wednesday 16th December - Years 2 & 3

Thursday 17th December - Year 5

On these dates children who are not having Christmas dinner and other years groups will be offered a cold service from the kitchen. 


Christmas Cards 

We would like to invite the pupils to send Christmas cards to their friends. This year we are asking that cards are sent to pupils in their own classes only. These cards can be brought into school and posted in  the class postbox up to Tuesday 15th December and then they will be sent home on Friday 18th December. 


Havering Catering Services

Week beginning 30th November is week 2 on the Havering catering services menu. All meals are served with unlimited salad and vegetables and cost £2.25. 


E for Excellence Winners

These wonderful children have demonstrated excellence this week.

Nursery

Alfie and Daniella

Cherry

Lucas

Apple

Sonny

Cedar

Nevaeh

Alder

Tesha

Elm

Oliver

Aspen

Jasmine

Larch

Carla

Apricot

Freddie

Ash

Jason

Walnut 

Joshua

Birch

Indianna

Beech

Eason

Willow

Callie 

Mulberry

Emily

Redwood

Blake

Rowan 

Lily-Anne

Lime

Kyla

Pine 

Victoria

Almond

Kiera

 

Certificate of Presentation

The following children have been recognised for the beautifully presented work in their books. They clearly take pride in all that they do and are doing their best in every lesson. 

John, Olivia, Roxy


Star Writers

These children have been awarded a star writer certificate and golden pencil in recognition of their excellent writing, use of powerful vocabulary and sophisticated writing  techniques.   

Tyler, Amelia, Aadya, Nela, Jessica, Luke, Tim, Pranav, Fran, Ife, George K, Ruby P, Adra, Ralph, Tyler, Sajida, Ceejay, Safiyyah.


Learning Power Awards

These are the key skills that our children will need to learn effectively in class and to be successful later in life. 

Reciprocity

These children have shown interdependence, collaborated effectively, listened to others, displayed empathy and have imitated effective  ideas and methods from others. 

Bonnie, Charlie, Lewis, Izaan, Pragya.


Reflectiveness 

These pupils have planned carefully, revised ideas, identified key features and can talk about their learning. 

Dorrie, Gurrehmat, Charlie T


Resilience

These children have demonstrated perseverance, managed distractions, noticed patterns and been absorbed in their tasks.  Torsten, Anya, Callissya, Pico, Nikita, Freddie S, Riley, Annabel, Harvey, Joe, Amelia


Resourcefulness   

These pupils have been curious about learning, made links between ideas, shown imagination, reasoned methodically and capitalised on resources. 

Laynie-Rae, Bruno, Hollie, Layla


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Yours sincerely,

 

Mrs L Nicholls 

Headteacher


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Getting Back With Your Ex Husband After Divorce. �� How to Get Your Ex Husband Back After Divorce? I just got my husband back through the help of genuine love spell caster Dr Unity. My name is Emily Sarah am from Tx,USA. My husband left me for another woman, This was just 3 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster called dr unity, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 11 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to dr unity . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity for help now..
    Here his contact..WhatsApp him: +2348055361568 ,
    Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com
    ,
    His website:https://unityspells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete