Tuesday 15 May 2012

Weather Pictures - Ash & Fern

This week we had the Romford Recorder down to take pictures of the children prior to them featuring in the paper for their weather pictures.  After seeing Prince Charles present the weather this week, and using the iPods to record their own weather forecasts, the children have become very excited by the  field of meterology. When we asked for entrants to show off their art skills we were inundated with some very good pictures. These children had not only come up with some eye catching paintings, they had also thought a lot about the content of their pictures."
You can have a look at their creations below and see what they had to say about them.


GeorgiaI drew this because I like daffodils. I saw lots of them in the park when I went there in the Spring. Bright yellow flowers always cheer me up.

ConorIn my picture it is raining. Splashing in puddles is great fun... even if my socks get wet!



HarryIn my picture the loud looks angry, with a devilish grin. On my way to school the clouds have tried to terrify me with their thunder and lightening. If you haven't remembered your coat, my cloud would love to try and soak you... he's very mean!


LiamBecause it is frightening I love the rumble of thunder. When I walk in the rain it is like having a shower before getting to school.


Sienna
I chose a sunny picture because I am going to Spain on my holidays. I drew a butterfly as they have lots of different colours. In my class we have watched a caterpillar changing into a chrysalis - that's why I wanted one in my picture


RubyI chose to draw a hot, yellow sun because I like going on holiday. When school is finished going to the park is one of my favourite activities... but you can't go if it is pouring with rain!


LucySnow flakes feel like cold white kisses on your face. That is why I chose this weather for my the picture. Although I enjoy playing in the park with my friends, nothing beats a snowball fight. It is definitely my favourite type of weather.


LilyGoing to the park on a sunny day is great fun. Quizzing down the towering slide feels exhilarating. If we're lucky the ice cream lady is waiting at the top of the road. That is why I used the park in my drawing.


DaniellaI chose my picture because it reminds me of when I play out with my friends in the snow. This winter the weather was snowy and freezing. Sadly May isn't much better.

LouiseAlready I am dreaming of my summer holidays. After school I love to play in the park. I just hope the weather is warm and sunny! This morning I had to wear a hat, coat and hold an umbrella... I would give anything for the sun that is in my picture.


"All of the children enjoyed the opportunity to draw or paint a picture of their favourite type of weather. We all liked Harry's cloud, because the dark grey weather has been really mean lately and ruined our playtimes. Some of the descriptive writing the children were able to use when talking about their pictures was really good." Miss Reynolds Ash

"Sienna, Conor and Georgia are some of the children who most enjoy the creative activities. Without a doubt they are always the pupils keen to get into the painting corner and use bright, strong colours to represent their ideas." Miss Prendergast Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment